(Click on paintings or drawings below to view larger size.)



Thursday, September 16, 2021

Antwerp oil sketches

"The MAS"
15x15cm, oil on canvas panel
(Private collection, Antwerp)

The 28/8/21 group event at the MAS in Antwerp was a good place to test my small pochade box in a USK setting. I found a bench in the shade. It was a little windy and people kept stopping to look at the water but I managed to get something done. When I realized they were looking at a bunch of flower bouquets (a spot where someone may have recently died), I quickly finished up. That probably helped me decide to suggest all those boats without going into too much detail. 

 

" Lambermontmartre"
15x15cm, oil on canvas panel

At the August Lambermontmartre art market it kept drizzling. In fact perfect weather conditions for plein air painting are quite rare here.


 
 "The Port House"
15x15cm, oil on canvas panel

Finally, I had to try painting the iconic Port Authority building. There's a fairly comfortable spot by the water. I had a hat for the sun, a stool and was holding the box on my lap. It might be better to find a hands free system such as a photo stand attached to my box.



No comments:

Post a Comment