(Click on paintings or drawings below to view larger size.)



Saturday, September 18, 2021

Ekeren countryside


I’m trying to take advantage of the nice days in September to get more plein air practice. 

 "Sint Mariaburg"
13x18cm, oil on canvas

Today from the bike path I could see the church in Sint Mariaburg. It was a beautiful sunny morning so I found a spot in the shade on the other side of the road. Unfortunately, passing trucks were a nuisance. One even parked next to me for ten minutes with the motor running.

 "Oude Landen"
15x15cm, oil on canvas panel

At the beginning of September in the Oude Landen I only had cyclists, joggers and dog walkers passing by. Almost as good as painting in the garden. I was a bit nervous about the free-ranging Galloway cattle but they didn't turn up.


No comments:

Post a Comment