(Click on paintings or drawings below to view larger size.)



Saturday, February 25, 2023

Along the Bike Path

 


"The Bike Path"
40x50cm, oil on canvas

 

I have been looking at this scene for a couple winters now every time I cycle by. Then last week the weather was so nice I stopped and sketched:

 

The next day, the sun was still out so I brought my paints. Here is the result (touched up in the studio). As I painted, one of the Scottish Galloway cows walked by, adding the perfect touch:

"Along the Bike Path"
20x25cm, oil on canvas
 
Then, I finally decided it was time to work bigger (see result at top of post). During the January sales I had bought four 40x50cm linen canvases on-line to see which brand I preferred. Well, of the four I purchased, I like De Wieuw's fine grain 300g/m2 100 percent Artist linen canvas best. It might be even better to find a heavier linen but would it still have that fine grain I like?

No comments:

Post a Comment